Squeezing a workout into a crazy schedule can be kinda difficult, especially when you consider the time spent making yourself look more presentable afterwards. But with a quick and efficient post-workout beauty routine, there’s no excuse not to pay your gym a visit! Inspired by a post on the Polished blog, I’ve rounded up a few of my favourite post-sweat products. With these, you won’t spend hours in the locker room and you’re guaranteed to leave the gym feeling healthy, clean, and confident.
1. Forever 21 Chain Strap Crossbody Satchel ($28)- Steer clear of oversized makeup bags and repurpose a super cute clutch as your gym beauty bag. The size is convenient and will force you to only carry the essentials. Plus, this bag comes in three different colours!
2. Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towelettes ($5.99)- Face wipes should be every girl’s #1 post-workout essential– nobody likes the feeling of dry sweat and letting it linger there can cause breakouts and irritation (I know that from personal experience). Rather than performing your full skin-care routine, swipe one of these over your face to remove dirt and oils and follow with moisturizer (if needed).
3. Dove GoFresh Deodorant & Body Spray ($3-$6)- Deodorant. Just do it. No explanation required. 🙂
4. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($6.99)- This is the perfect way to cover up blemishes without applying a full face of makeup. (Because honestly, who wants to apply lots of makeup right after a workout? I probably wouldn’t) Word of advice: After workouts, try to avoid concealers in a pot and only use products with their own applicator. There are lots of concealers that come with their own applicator, but my personal favourite is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($4.99)- If you like to add a little coverage, dust a light powder over your face. Loose powders always find a way to spill and cause messes during travel, so I recommend only carrying pressed powders to-and-from the gym. My personal fave is the Stay Matte pressed powder from Rimmel London.
6. Benefit Lip & Cheek Stains ($30)- BeneTints are a must! Despite the price tag, these multi-purpose cheek and lip stains immediately add color and life to your face and save you the hassle of using multiple products. Which is totally perfect for your post-workout makeup look.
7. Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara ($7.99)- You’re bound to look a little tired after a grueling workout but it’s nothing a few swipes of mascara can’t fix! I love the Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes mascara.
8. EOS Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm ($3.49)- Okay, I can’t be the only person who loves chapstick, right? And who can resist products as cute as the ones from EOS? The salt in sweat dries up your lips just like it does to your skin, so give those babies a little extra moisture!
9. Batiste Dry Shampoo ($7.99)- If you don’t have time to shower after your workout, dry shampoo is a lifesaver. Spray it onto your roots (focusing on areas that get the sweatiest), tousle your hair, let sit for 3-5 minutes, and brush through. Voila! Beautiful, clean-looking hair. Not to mention, Batiste makes versions for every hair color to avoid that dreaded white powder build-up! That’s pretty awesome!
And while we’re on the topic… I understand that dry shampoo might not work for you depending on your hair type. My friends at Positive Health Wellness created this awesome infographic that may help 🙂
10. Maybelline BabyLips Moisturizing Lip Balm ($4.49)- So, we all know that lip balm is a must-have after working out. But what if the lip balm gave your lips a hint of colour, had SPF 15 AND was moisturizing? The BabyLips collection from Maybelline does all that. My personal favourite shade is Pink Punch (see above)… it’s the perfect subtle hint of pink, without being too bright.
What are your go-to products after a workout? Let me know below!